lunes, 29 de abril de 2019

A lot- A lot of- Much- Many

A lot
a lot means very often or very much. It is used as an adverb. It often comes at the end of a sentence and never before a noun.

Examples:

I like basketball a lot.
She's a lot happier now than she was.
I don't go there a lot anymore.


A lot of / lots of
a lot of and lots of have the same meaning: they both mean a large amount or number of people or things.

Examples:

They are both used before countable nouns and uncountable nouns:

with countable nouns:
A lot of people went to the game.
Lots of people went to the game.

with uncountable nouns:
A lot of snow falls in winter.
Lots of snow falls in winter.



Note: 
remember that Much it is used for countless questions and negative prayers and Many is used for accounting things.



Resultado de imagen para a lot/ a lot ofResultado de imagen para a lot/ a lot of




Exercises:


Choose the correct answer MUCH or MANY

-Many pupils.

-Much time.

-Much money.

-Many dollars.

-Much milk.

-Many children.

-Much water.

-Much fun.

-Many dogs.

-Many people.


A lot of, much, many

1. How MUCH water do you drink every day?

2. A LOT OF children do homework every day.

3. How MANY people live in this building?

4. I usually use A LOT OF olive oil.

5. He doesn't normally buy MANY souvenirs on holiday.

6. We have a LOT OF work today.

7. She doesn't spend MUCH time in the library.

8. There is A LOT OF sugar in this cup of coffee.

9. How MANY films do you watch a week?

10. Do they eat MUCH fish?



Complete the sentences with MUCH/MANY/ A LOT/or /A LOT OF


-She has got a lot of dresses, but she has not got many skirts.

-Do you have any cereal? Sure, there's a lot in the kitchen.

-How much is this? It's ten dollars.

-There are a lot of pupils.

- She hasn't got much patience.

-How many hotels in this town.

-We haven´t got much petrol.

-We meet a lot of friends.

- How many potatoes are there?

-How much bread did you buy?

-Sam buys a lot of food.

-I would like to ask a lot of questions.

-I haven't got many books.

-Believe me, a lot of people live in London.

- I have got a lot of time.

-Do you know much about computers?

-Have you got  any luggage? yes a lot of luggage.

-There are a lot of CDs.

-Did many students fail the examination?

-Were there many  people on the train?

- I drink a lot of tea.

-Are there  many new students in the class?

-She does not buy much perfume, but she buys a lot of   clothes.

-Every morning she buys a lot of newspapers, but she does not buy  many magazines.



A OR B ?

1. I have __ cash if you need it.

a)many
b)some

2. How ___ students are there on your course?

a)a lot of
b)many

3. There are ___ pit bull dogs on our estate. Too many. I don't like them.

a)a lot of
b)much

4. How ___ money do you need?

a)some
b)much

5. How ___ classes do you have this week? Are you busy?

a)a lot of
b)many

6. I have ___ dresses. I can't help it, I'm always buying them.

a)a lot of
b)much

7. Is there ___ information on South African culture?

a)much
b)many

8. Do you know ___ English grammar?

a)many
b)much

9. Can I have ___ sugar in my tea please? Not too much.

a)a lot of
b)some

10. It seems like you have ___ cousins. I thought I'd met them all!

a)a lot of
b)some



Video

















Man: Do you watch much TV?

Woman: Not anymore. I used to watch a lot of TV, but not now. And you?

Man: Yeah, I watch a lot of TV.

Woman: What do you watch?

Man: I watch a lot of dramas and some news shows.

Woman: I don’t watch the news much, but maybe I should



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario